Innovative Leaders Need To Be Savvy Innovators
Innovative leaders who aspire to discover broader fields of opportunities should act upon the innovation strategy employed by Edison.
Edison kept analyzing things and interrogated why things worked the way they did just to inquire about new ideas, writes Dr. Paul Israel of Rutgers' University, in New Jersey.
Dr. Israel, who serves as director and editor of the Thomas A. Edison Papers Project, explains how, "Some of Edison's discoveries came from experiments that were meant simply to increase his knowledge." [learn more by visiting the Edison Project website - http://edison.rutgers.edu]
Edison's industry and curiosity paid off handsomely - how many other inventors have been as resourceful or as clever as him?
Creative, innovative leaders educate themselves to be curious - they emulate the habits, behaviors and manners of Explorers like Columbus, Newton, Ben Franklin, Lewis & Clark, or Edison.
Leaders can fine-tune the depth, breadth and sustainability of their innovations and competencies by executing three things:
1) Commit oneself to innovation strategies which sanction and reward experimentation and exploration;
2) Pursue any and all causal factors lurking within the unexpected situation, problem or success;
3) Reveal whatever truths are hiding behind the imperfections, inconsistencies, incongruities, idiosyncrasies or impurities of life's daily complexities.
Only by skillfully questioning, investigating and un-peeling the shortfalls and weaknesses in your organization, will you uncover better, more reliable and efficient solutions to your obstacles.
Creatively leading and managing and innovative organization means
1) Digging into or evolving the probabilities;
2) Reaching up towards amazing revelations;
3) Holding onto the possibilities with all of your mind, faith and passion.
Are you ready to lead your employees into the lands of creative, innovative and evolutionary promises? Be a leader who grasps new knowledge and ideas to go into new opportunity.
You can go after Edison as that innovative leader who inspires, guides and enlightens us to obtain the jewels we need and illuminate our path to a prosperous tomorrow!
Copyright © 2006, Mustard Seed Investments Inc.,
All rights reserved
You have permission to publish this article electronically,
in print, in your book or on your web site, free of charge,
as long as the copyright notice and About the Author box are
included with the ACTIVE WEB LINK.
Mustard Seed Investments, Inc.
text, content and images are protected by: